2 mo

Girls and boys, what should I do here?

Please read this carefully.

So, there's this one cute blondie girl working at a local fast food restaurant who I have developed a small crush on. I found out about two weeks ago that she is going to go study at a university about 80km away on the 1st of August (through her open IG profile, not her follower), and a few days later I made the brave decision of asking her out before she'll just disappear. I handed her a letter written on an old receipt with the message "Should we go get ice cream together some beautiful day?" as well as my number and first name. She smiled to me very widely after receiving it, but did not contact me after that at any point. Right now (a week and a half later after giving her my number) I'm wondering whether or not I should send her an Instagram message as a last-ditch effort to try to get to know her. Do you think this is too weird? What kind of a message should I write to her if you think sending her a DM is okay? I feel like I don't have much to loose since I won't be seeing her again anyways if this falls through.
Girls and boys, what should I do here?
Add Opinion