2 mo

My boyfriend just found out he has depression. How do I continue to support him?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over 6 months. We both agree that this is the best and most fulfilling relationship we have ever had. We constantly talk about the future and getting married.

Things have been great until lately. He is so loving and we have the best of times. But then other times he seems to be distant and push me away. I brought up recently about possibly taking a break from the relationship because his push and pull behavior was starting to take a toll on me emotionally. Made me feel abandoned. He made it clear that he loves me and that me leaving is the last thing he wants. He decided on his own that he was going to see a therapist.

He went to the doctor and just told me yesterday they diagnosed him with depression. I’m proud that he decided to go. And now it makes sense with the way he has been acting. I just need some help with trying to remain supportive and not take certain mood changes and actions with him personally. I know we love eachother. I’m just not sure long term how this can work out for us. This news is still fresh...
2 mo
Do relationships when one person is depressed and one person isn’t tend to work out and become easier with time?
2
1