2 mo

I think he got cold feet. But I don’t know?

My boyfriend and I recently got engaged. Things were going well. But then I noticed that he started pulling away. It started after I mentioned some things we need to talk about like bank accounts. Incomes. Where we will live etc. we’d talked about it before but really not in depth.
So anyway. I messaged him asking him if he’d told his family yet because I was excited and wanted to tell mine. And asked when was it a good time for us to talk.
He snapped at me and ran down a list of things I had not considered that would affect HIM when we are married. All things I had no clue about. I was like ok. These are the things I’ve been trying to get you to talk about. Getting married will also affect me. But I guess he doesn’t care about that.
So then I asked him where did this outburst come from. He was like I’m acting like I’m in a hurry and I can’t wait to get married. Then he implied that I pressured him into proposing (not true). After he proposed I asked him if he was sure. He said he was. I told him ok but we don’t have to get married right away.
I told him I was sorry he felt that way. I also told him he didn’t have to worry about me being too excited or in a hurry to get married. Told him I loved him. He said he loved me and I’ve not heard from him since. It’s been almost 2 weeks. So yesterday I found that he had opened a new account on a dating app. My friend showed it to me.
I guess the argument we had was a breakup. I can’t bring myself to contact him. Because part of the reason why he snapped is because I made reference to him never calling me or returning my phone calls when I call. I told him I don’t like relying only on text to discuss important information.
I’m sad because I don’t know what happened. He has never addressed me in that manner before. He does lack communication skills by his own admission and my observation.
We are in our 40s. He’s never been married. I have. Been divorced 15 years
2 mo
That’s what I told him. I said these are things we need to talk about.
The only reason why I’m not contacting him and just going to send him his ring back (I have a mental timeline) is because he’s passive aggressive. All the other times we’ve had an argument I would be the one to reach out first. I’d ask if he wants to continue the relationship he’d say stuff like “it’s up to you”.
So I don’t want to be the one to always have to reach out.
4