2 mo

Yo, guys/girls: if you knew someone had a crush on you, would you still be their friend? Or, at least, try to be?

+5Xper
Here's the tea: there's this dude that I HAD* a crush on, and like, everyone knew apparently (I guess it was kind of obvious). Anyways, I don't like him like that anymore, but I still want to be friends; so, I tried being friends with him: followed him on insta, he followed me back, then unfollowed me (I guess he just wanted one more follower?); I DMed him with friendly talk, like: "Did you here about the new rule the school made?" Or "Are you ready for senior year?" he replied once, then never looked at the messages again - honestly, I'm just trying to make friendly talk without making him too uncomfortable, which a lot of times I can be very straight forward and blunt
Actually, lets start from the beginning. In math class, second semester, he sat next to me/in front of me - the seats were in rows - it was choose your own seats, and I usually got to class before anyone else, considering I didn't use my locker and I didn't meet with anyone before hand, so I found that nice since I'm one of those girls that doesn't talk to anyone and didn't really have any friends. He would occasionally ask for help on math problems, which I was totally happy to help since math is one of my favorite subjects. He would try to sit next to me, but failed since the person that sat next to me was like: "not happening, I'm with my friends" which was fine since we still sat close enough so we could talk.
That was all up untill he got a girlfriend, long story short: no more asking for help, no more talking, and even looking my way was out of the picture
Now recently, I texted him those friendly chats, which as I said he responded to the first message, then never looked at the second one, which I understand: if he doesn't want to talk, he doesn't want to talk, no big deal.
I would still like to know my postition with this dude though: are we friends, are we not, is he uncomfortable around me now; I'm confused and school will be starting soon, and I don't know what to do or how to act😫
1
1