2 mo

Is God telling me to end my relationship?

I have been with my boyfriend for the past 3 years and we are now seniors in high school. The first year that we were together things were going amazing and 6 months in we said we loved each other. The second year soon after became a little rocky... I began telling my parents what was going on and they were telling me to leave... but I stayed because I am determined to solve problems and try and fix things. I forgave him for a lot of things, I also helped him with a lot of things as well. I gave him answers to pass a class and so forth. I was very stressed because It was junior year and I really wanted to do well so I could get into the college I really want to attend and get a good paying job. This year (3rd year), things have been kind of weird. Recently, I watched a scary movie and I couldn't sleep so I was like, maybe if I prayed and read the bible a bit I would feel better. I did feel better and so I could fall asleep and ever since then I have been devoted to getting my first communion, confession, and confirmation (I was baptized). Earlier this year, my boyfriend and I were talking about the future and that was when I started feeling hesitant. I was in a bit of a blind cloud and so I insecurely made the comment We are getting married... right? To which I got the response "We probably will but I can't say for sure because we aren't right now and something might happen" And then a lot kind of hit me and I got upset and was in a way brought back down to earth. I was like "Something is gonna happen?" and he was like "Idk, we might not have enough money". I felt like this was God telling me that something might happen in the future to us as a couple. I can't seem to shake this feeling of hesitancy. Then, a few days ago we were talking about the future again and he told me he wants to buy a house right after I finish college, and he doesn't want me to buy a new car, he want's me to buy a used car. (CONT. UPDATE BELOW)
2 mo
I found this kind of weird because it seemed like an odd thing to say. Once we continued to talk, he made it very clear he doesn't trust me with money. He say's I will end up spending it foolishly, therefore he want's to monitor my spending. When we discussed a wedding, I mentioned how I wanted to get married in a church ever since I was a kid, and I kind of recently decided I wanted a Christ centered wedding. He made it very clear he was a Atheist and wanted a Godless, dry wedding.
2 mo
My dad keeps telling me to ride it out, and sometimes I feel like this is god telling me to wait out the relationship. My dad says that we are going to end up going very separate paths as the college I want to go to is 3 hours away from the tech school my boyfriend will attend. I feel like this hesitancy I have is God saying that something isn't right... but I'm not sure because I have only been really deepening my faith for the past few months. He is a baptized catholic who has gone to church..
9
1