24 d

Would you be able (or willing) to date someone with body dysmorphia (BDD)?

I recently saw this video on youtube about body dysmorphia and how are it effects the people who have it and their loved ones.
The video is from a BBC documentary about body dysmorphia.
https://youtu.be/iPXvm0fOE-0

One woman stood out to me the most, because in this video you do not only see her struggling, but you also see her boyfriend’s struggle with her condition.
It made me think; ‘would I be able to date someone with body dysmorphia?’ ‘Would I be strong enough to fully support that person?’.

And to be honest, I don’t know. I don’t know if I would be able to fully support or help that person. I know I’d want to, but I also have my own demons and I’m not sure if I would be strong enough to deal with both.

Would you be able to deal with something like this?
Would you be able to date someone with body dysmorphia?
Do you think you’d be strong enough?

By the way, I do want to say that I have a tremendous amount of respect for the woman’s boyfriend. He seems to be very kind and understanding. It must not be easy dealing with this - for the both of them- but it seems like he is doing an amazing job.
I also hope that the woman is doing okay. I hope her life nowadays is a bit more relaxed and bearable.

I am sorry if I made any grammar mistakes. English is not my first language.
5
7