I feel a bit conflicted and I dont know if I should be?

kezout10
I've been seeing a guy on and off for a bit. We had sex and whilst I do generally like him, I'm not sure about some things.
He has a history of being in prison, he said he has changed and has made his life completely different to the things he was caught doing. He seems too, by his actions and the time I've known him (years) he does seem too have really turned it all around. But there is always that little neggle in the avck of my mind. 'Is he still that way inclined from his past'. Etc
Well anyway, I'm not sure if I should feel a bit weird about being intimate with him because of his conviction. I dont want to be a bitch and treat him any different because im having these thoughts. But my friends tell me that its wrong that I am seeing him and that being associated to him will be bad for me.
I dont want to be naive, or be an arsehole listening to others. I like to believe he has changed, I dont want to view him any different in light of knowing his past. He wouldn't want that and neither do I
When i forget about it all, he is just like an other guy, it feels great
2
2