3 d

Guy was mad at me because I had my phone out on a date even though I feel I had a good reason. Was I wrong?

I went on a date with a guy a few days ago. It was great, and he said he wanted to see me again until today when he said he changed his mind. I asked him why, and he said it was because I was on my phone too much.

But I had told him when I arrived that I would have my phone out. My dad has congestive heart failure and happened to be home alone that night (mom went out with friends). I told him I keep it out in case my dad sends me a message. My dad (being 64 and.. well, a dad) sends me messages sometimes that aren't important (annoying). But my messages are hidden so I have to open my phone to read it.

I told him all of this when I first got there and he said it was okay. But he said it was still rude to look at it every time it vibrated. He literally said, "I don't find rude girls attractive, and your attention wasn't on me."

I don't get it. I didn't talk on the phone, and I only messaged my dad back once because he couldn't find his insulin in the refrigerator that I had picked up for him that morning.

Was I really wrong?
33
20