5 d

girlfriend has anxiety, seems like its getting worse, I dont know how to deal or bring it up, help?

When I first started dating her, she was just normal, introverted, awkward. As time has gone on, her anxiety has really been taking hold of her and its hard to be around her. If her hands aren't on her phone, they're picking at her skin. She's making herself break out, which makes her pick even more. It also feels like she just keeps inventing new ways that I'm the worst, or at least surprising me with stuff. (Like, it makes me unhappy when you do X, or i feel like you don't care about me because X). To be clear, I know I'm not perfect but I've never worked harder at a relationship.

I'm fighting the urge to cut and run, but breaking up with someone over this seems shallow, and that I should stick around to help her. I want to bring this up, bring up the impact on me that her behavior has, and bring up that I think she should try counseling or SOMETHING, anything to address whats been going on.

My question is: What would you do? What should I do? How can I bring this up without being too hurtful?
1
0