He said he would leave me over the dog. Wtf? Am I in the wrong here?

Anonymous
So we’ve been together for almost two years.. and didn’t have a dog before we knew each other.
So just a few weeks ago, he decided he is getting this dog (which I have told him so many times that I don’t like that breed and that I’m not helping with it if he gets it, and he just says he doesn’t care... I tried to get him to pick a puppy out with me... ya know like together like a couple should) but no he gets this dog, not giving a fuck about how it’s affecting me. He made this decision that should have been a team effort, this is something that is really causing me grief. I hated the dog to begin with, but the more I see her the more I resent her, i just feel so disrespected.
Then last night, I said that the dog ruined my life and that I hate her. And my boyfriend freaked right out and yelled and told me how he would leave me over this dog,.
Im not really in the wrong here am I? I really don’t feel as though I am. If he had this dog before knowing me, things would be different
its just his inconsideration that makes everything worse
9 mo
Also, I’m the one who has to take care of her most of the time because I am home first
88
54