1 mo

Do you want a partner just like your opposite sex parent, totally unlike your opposite sex parent, or is that a totally invalid comparison?

Mother-son. . . they look happy!
Mother-son. . . they look happy!
There is a song, written in 1911, entitled "I Want A Girl Just Like The Girl That Married Dear Old Dad."It was probably written by guys who were trying to suck up to their mother because the gist of the lyrics is that the singer can't find a girl to marry who compares to his mother. But. . . some people do use their parents as models for what they should look for when seeking a spouse. Some guys want a girl who is very similar to the guy's mother and some girls want a guy who is very similar to the girl's dad.

Do you do that, do you think doing that is crazy, are you somewhere in the middle of the issue, or never even thought about it?
I want someone who is exactly like my opposite sex parent
I want someone who is the exact opposite of my opposite sex parent
I want someone who is like my opposite sex parent in some, but not most, ways
Vote C
I want someone who is like my opposite sex parent in most, but not some, ways
Vote D
I have never compared dating partners to my opposite sex parent
Vote E
GirlGuy
20
27