1 mo

Do you believe a guy is lacking in something if he emphasizes on it way too much in a relationship?

Ok I know this sounds CRAZY and I'm sorry that it does. But here's what I mean.

I had an ex who told me he hated the idea of having many friends of the opposite gender, he was extremely possessive about me and my friendships and even called all my guy friends perverts. Guess who I no more have contact with while these guys are still my friends! He had two female best friends he made online and another girl in his neighborhood that he often hung out with. And this is excluding the fact that he was cheating on me with some other girl already. He out of all was the one who lectured me on talking to other guys.

I encountered something similar in another ex boyfriend, who always talked about openness, honesty and transparency in relationships. He told me how much he HATED it when women play mind games, expect men to read their minds with the vague-ass clues they throw in. And yet when I confronted him for cheating on me he was like 'I was trying to hint you that I've been up to something', like what? It pissed me off so much.

So I decided next time I date men I'll pay close attention to what they emphasize on in a relationship. It will hopefully give me a hint of what exactly I need to look out for.
11
1