1 mo

How do I not pay for dates without seeming like an asshole?

Love is what separates us humans from the wild animals. However, with society comes a new set of challenges for the poor human trying to find their mate, as is their genetic prerogative.

Paying for love is prostitution. I can NOT bring myself to pay for anything that would make my partner think I will take responsibility for their financial responsibilities. A $7 coffee at first, $20 movie tickets, 50$ dinners... It adds up after awhile, and sooner or later it gets to the point where you could have just paid a prostitute and they wouldn't expect you to start taking on more financial responibilities like paying for rent or student loans.

So as a rule, I want to establish the boundary that I won't be paying for anything my partner decides to want/need/order for as long ad they think I'm not trustworthy enough to have sex with them.

How do I establish this perfectly reasonable boundary without seeming like an asshole?
3
4