6 d

Crying over something my boyfriend said to me during an argument this afternoon. Is this normal?

We’ve been together for a little over two years now and about six months into our relationship he lost his job. He’s worked odds and ends jobs since then but is still struggling because of it. I went for almost three years without a job during the recession so I know how it feels and I make pretty decent salary at my current job so I’ve been helping him, but lately I’ve been struggling myself because whatever I don’t use on my rent, I’ve been giving to him and I have no savings, I’m falling behind on my bills and I haven’t seen my friends in months because I don’t have any money to go out with. He works as a cashier at McDonald’s but still needs help. We’ve been fighting a lot about money the last few months because I just feel like I’m giving and giving and I don’t want to leave him because he’s a good guy otherwise. He cooks, cleans and takes care of the house, takes care of me when sick etc. Today he tells me we have to talk. Usually he says that he’s about to ask me for money so I assumed that was what he was asking and I replied “I told you I don’t have anymore money”, and he got mad at me for assuming that (he said he just wanted me to pick up his suit from the cleaners so he could where it to a job interview). I felt like an idiot, so than he says he’s staying at his brother’s house until further notice. I asked him if he was leaving me because of this and his response was “If I did leave you it would be worth it because you are so heartless”. Then a few minutes later he was back to calling me baby so I guess the fight was over. To be honest though I’m still crying about it. I’ve never been called heartless before and I rarely get my feelings hurt but that did it. I haven’t talked about this with him yet because I’m afraid it’s just going to start another argument. Is it normal to still be hurt several hours later?
2
2