8 d

How can I stop being afraid to date again after being rejected a few times and having a guy purposely try to hurt me?

Dating has never been a walk in the park for me. I’ve never been in a proper relationship and been rejected a few times. More recently, I became attracted to a guy that I worked with. He was attracted to me, as well, but he had a girlfriend (long-term, live-in). However, that did not stop him from hitting on me. When he did, I politely turned him down—for the obvious reasons that any woman with self-respect and morals would. This did not stop him from trying (and succeeding) to make me jealous and hurting me with every chance he got. It got so bad, that I had to change jobs.

After this incident, I’ve become jaded with dating to the point to where I’m debating on whether or not it is better to be single for the rest of my life. I feel like no decent guy is never going to want a serious relationship with me. However, part of me wants to try again. How can I stop being afraid to put myself out there again?
1
0