Would you acknowledge someone's one sided crush if you knew you couldn't reciprocate because you were in love with someone else or not interested?

sejla
Would you acknowledge someone's one sided crush if you figured out they had a crush on you if you could not reciprocate?

You were either in love with someone else or not interested? This is more of a situation where you know the person is pining for you and it is doing them more harm than good because it is putting their life on hold. Could be a friend or work colleague. This is someone you care for but not in that way or it is the wrong timing. Could be that you are with someone else or you feel like there is too big of an age gap or something like that.

Or would you continue to ignore that the person has a crush and hope the person can let the crush fade away?

Post Note: I think one sided crushes don't have to be bad as long as the person doesn't try to pursue someone who isn't interested. One sided crushes can be love and I think they help us figure out what kind of people we would like to be with. There is some sort of attributes that person possesses that we would like to have in a partner.

Were you the person with the one sided crush and you had to figure out how to let it go?
Would you acknowledge someones one sided crush if you knew you couldnt reciprocate because you were in love with someone else or not interested?
11 mo
This isn't something I'm in personally. I have crushes all the time but I don't take them seriously. I guess I might run into a difficult crush sometime.
13
9