1 mo

Is it pointless to try to date someone from a dating site if their profile says they're interested in hookups?

There's a guy who wants me to text him, but on his profile it says he's seeking short or long-term relationships, but also hookups. Under his photo, it says "Looking for fun". And there's a question about how long he'd like his next relationship to last. His answer was: one night.

So since I'm looking for an actual relationship, and only interested in monogamy, should I not even bother texting him? Or should I try to get to know him and hope he'll take things seriously if he likes me enough? I don't want to set myself up for failure. I don't know if it's even worth it to get involved, since I already have these warning signs.
63
18