6 d

How do I talk about my son without freaking guys out?

Anonymous
So I have a son and I find that when I date, men take me almost too seriously where on the first few dates they feel like they have to decide if they want to marry me or not and they start freaking out lol.

I'm 32 and divorced. I'm a marketing manager with my own company so bills are completely taken care of. I have my 12 year old son half of the week and his dad has him the other half.

Honestly I just want to have a normal progression with dating where we go on a few dates and see where it goes. A man would not even meet my son unless I was with him for over a year and the fact that I have him half of the time allows me to keep things separate.

The thing I find is that when men hear that i have a son they think they are going to meet him right away or have to be his father so they feel like they need to decide if they want to wife me up right away. Honestly it is too much pressure for them but also for me. I dont want to be in a full on relationship with someone I just met and also dont want to feel pressure to get married or introduce a guy to my son and make some new blended family just because he feels that pressure himself.

The fact that I am on good terms with my dad's son also freaks guys out. I left him because he didn't treat me well and i am friends with him because he is not a terrible person. But we dont hang out and i would neverrr date him again lol. So then men feel like I dont need them but the truth is I would just like a guy to be in my life for love and dating purposes and that is a strong need in its self.

How do I convey this without over explaining my situation? Becuase honestly by the time they go through all these mental acrobatics in their head and decide they want to seriously date me after 1 date without asking me if that is what I actually want I get a little freaked out haha and I would like to take the pressure off of both of us.
1
1