13 d

What’s an example of someone you’re dating who’s trying too hard?

Anonymous
I feel like the guy I’ve been dating tries too hard. I know he’s really into me and loves me but the stuff he does or says is like overwhelming and too much. He hasn’t had a girlfriend in over 5 hrs either so I’m guessing he’s just assuming these are the things he should be doing and he’s just doing them too much. For ex, the other day he left me flowers with a letter just saying he hopes I’m having a good day. I know why he did this 1) because I distanced myself a little for like one day ONE day and he was probably panicking so he did that even though he said he’s been planning to I was like okay w/e. And 2) if he was planning to do that, yeah it’s nice but again it felt like too much to just say have a good day. Then he later acknowledged if he was trying too hard so he recognizes it. Then he’ll just say things like I’ll always be here for you, or yes as long as you’re happy or yes I respect you and your wishes or if he accidentally interrupts he’ll start panicking like oh I’m sorry go ahead didn’t mean to my bad you were saying... and another annoying thing is his actions kind of speak otherwise. He’ll say he respects me but he doesn’t respect my boundaries or he’ll change subjects when I’m talking about something and just say “yeah” then change subject. The other day he got caught by asking me something I had already answered. He’s told all his friends and family about me within the first month of dating like that’s too soon we’re not even exclusive yet. I just wanna know the truth-is he trying too hard and doing what he thinks he’s supposed to be doing or this just how he truly feels? Either way he needs to tone it down because I can’t take it.
2
2