How to deal with distance?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I broke up not too long ago because he was being distant and it was hurting both of us. We were in a LDR and he said that in long distance relationships he just gets distant and can’t really control it and that it’s happened many times with him before. We still love each other and didn’t want to end it, it was generally mentioned that if the issue could be fixed we could try again.

So my question is, is there any solution or way I can help or something we can do to try and stop him getting distant so we can try the relationship again. I’ve tried having him open up and me trying to be supportive and understanding for over a month. He was obviously trying to put more effort but it would often fall off after a little.

I know he’s a great guy and was trying really hard to get better but I feel like I could’ve done something. But I don’t know what. So if you have any idea please let me know. Thanks
How to deal with distance?
3
1