11 d

How do I deal with a girl that is slowly getting emotionally attached to me? I don't want to push her away, I want to stay friends?

Anonymous
The problem is she has some self esteem issues and I feel like she's getting emotionally attached to me because I seem to accept her as she is.
However, we are far away from one another and we are two different type of people:
1. She's very religious, I'm religious in my own way but not at her level
2. She's shy and rarely comes up with subjects to talk about; I do all the talking
3. She's much younger than me (I'm 26, she's 21)
4. Her family would rather have a guy that is what she is (religiously)
5. Overall I don't feel any spark/chemistry but I like talking to her because she's a good person, but as a friend.
I told her a few days ago that I don't feel like it will ever work out between us because she seems to get very attached to me, but I don't think she got the idea.
How do I deal with this? I don't want to hurt her, I don't want to be an asshole and I'd like to stay friends.
0
2