Girls, Why does one girl make me feel like complete shit and another comes along who makes me reevaluate myself?

Anonymous
So a while back I had liked a girl and she rejected me but loved the attention I showed her it grew pretty toxic really quick but due to my lack of relationship experience friendship or romantic I couldn’t pick it up then she tells me she wouldn’t date me if I was the last guy on earth and that’s when I practically gave up like I didn’t feel like I had anything to offer anymore in terms of dating. Now years later here are women staring and checking me out and flirting and it’s starting to reverse the damage that was done by that girl because here’s the thing she was really beautiful I guess that’s why it stuck with me the way it did I questioned myself so hard like I really couldn’t figure out why I was such trash
1