23 d

Is it okay to be politically influenced by a partner?

sagevalentineee
I've noticed I've slowly been influenced by my boyfriend. He's disapproved a lot of my conventional behaviour. Which he calls liberalism as 'the convention of going against convention.'

After a political argument he made me watch Douglas Murray and read 'how to be a conservative' by Sir Roger Scruton. After that I sort of slowly gave up all the more liberal ideas I have. They don't make any sense to me anymore.

Sometime I actually get a quilt from it. I still talk liberal with friends and stuff... otherwise I'd have no friends. But now I feel that I can't whole heartedly support things like BLM, LGBT movements and even ridiculous things like certain climate change groups.

The reason for this is that many of these organisations actually have an anti institutional and anti capitalist agenda. It would take too long to go into detail... but even though I think races are equal, I myself am mixed race, and I don't care what gender you like, you go for it, those activist policies seem to only be a facade as to what's really going on.

I don't know I just feel like I've come so far from what I used to think and be. I think it's great to learn and grow, I just feel a bit alienated from friends now. They're all going out protesting and stuff... and I... I just couldn't bring myself to do so.
19
3