25 d

Is it unethical to automatically lose all attraction to a potential SO because of one thing you discover? What's the best method to break it off?

I don't mean anyone lied. I mean when you're talking to a guy (or girl), you like each other, think you have plenty of potential of taking it somewhere, and then you find out something about him (or her) that just automatically shuts everything down.

This happens to me probably more than average; that's why I ask. I find out something that he doesn't think is a big deal, usually that he just tells me in casual conversation, and to me I just don't want anything to do with him after that. And it's not one particular thing; there are multiple things that turn me dead off like this, and that's part of how I'm picky when it comes to dating a guy and having a partner.

I'm not asking if I'm "picky" because I know that and I'm proud of it. I'm asking is this necessarily a bad thing, and how should I back off in these situations? Because tbh I have a big habit of ghosting the guy so I keep from hurting his feelings, but I feel like that's wrong on my part.
25
3