I'm dating a girl of a nationality that's hated in my country. How can I work out the prejudice and feeling intimidated of her?

Anonymous
We are from different countries in central-eastern Europen so even if I don't go into specifics you can guess what kind of goings on there are there.
Her country invaded mine multiple times and it's true her people massacred mine not even too many years ago. My family always call her people cuttroaths and assassins and don't approve of her and sometimes I too feel scared of her because I get thoughts that in the end her people only wants to conquer and murder.
But then I realize that she's not responsible for what her ancestors did, that she and her family always treated me very well and that if there's to be a future of peace and friendship between our peoples then our relationship is one of the first steps.
How can I make my family see this?
We can't go on hating each other forever.
2
1