Boyfriend (23) and I (21) got into an argument over sperm donors?

Anonymous
Hello. I’m 21 (f) and have endometriosis. One of the main side effects of this is infertility. My doctor talked to me lat week that while things look okay right now, they could decline rapidly over time. My boyfriend and I have only been together for a year and a half, living together for 6 months. We decided to sit down and talk about it. I told him I don’t think he’s ready to be a dad (he has no driver’s license, no insurance, bad paying job, no diploma, etc.) He got offended and asked me what I would do if they told me tomorrow my eggs would only be good for another year or so and I was honest with him. I told him I would most likely use a sperm donor because I wouldn’t want my child having a father involved who couldn’t raise them, care for them, or do things for them. It would be easier for me to raise a child on my own (I’m almost done with college, have a career lined up, have insurance, a car, good job, etc). Than struggle to support both of them. He was upset by this, which I completely understand. But I really don’t want to have a kid with someone who isn’t even close to be ready. I have to think about these things considering what my doctor told me. Things are extremely weird between us now and I don't know what to do. Any advice?
6
0