What does he want from me? What do you think?

Anonymous
There's this guy whom I know for already 2 years... When we first started talking, he had a girlfriend but admitted that their relationship was very worn out. Although I told him that I didn't want to get inside their relationship, over time I got attracted to him, we started texting more and more and I finally saw him and we had sex. From that time and on, we text each other once in a while. We met two or three times (although had sex just one day), and one day he told me that he left his girlfriend. After that he still wanted to see me. We planned several dates but for one reason or another something happened and we couldn't meet, but he's never losing contact with me. I thought that with time he'll find someone and forget me, but even though I get upset at him for something, or we argue, he always comes back. And even though I know that what we did was wrong and I can't plan on having a relationship with him, I can't really understand what's going on in his mind. He's very reserved and cold as a person, but I feel he kind of opens up with me. I mean, if he only wanted sex we would have already seen each other several times, but we always end up texting each other because of his super full schedule or another reason. Also to clear it up I'm not sitting and waiting for him, I have my life and date other guys, but I just started wondering why is he still texting me if he's not getting sex from me. He's a good looking young guy and with a stable work position, he could have found any other girl to satisfy him. What would you think?
What does he want from me? What do you think?
Add Opinion