21 d

Should I set my mom up with a guy who is 16 years younger than her (but who I think is still super compatible with her)?

Anonymous
My mom has had a pretty crappy love life. My dad left us when I was little (I’ve never met him). I know she always wanted a relationship, but between her job and raising me she never had time for dating. However, in the past few years she has put herself back in the dating pool. Unfortunately, things haven’t panned out well for her thus far. I know my mom wants to find a great guy but she’s super discouraged. I really want my mom to find that special someone. I recently decided to try to set my mom up with a great guy and hope for the best! There's one particular guy that comes to mind. They have a very similar sense of humor, a lot in common, and a very similar worldview. Furthermore, he's super smart, funny, sweet, and is crazy good looking. I think they would work so great together!

However, there is one caveat: he's a lot younger than her. My mom is 42. He's 26. I know there are often compatibility issues with age gaps. However, in their case I think the age gap may not be a problem. He's a very mature guy and (in all honesty) my mom is a little immature (but in a good way!) so they're on very similar maturity levels. He's got a master's degree in computer science and is working a full time job where he makes good money (they're not in super different life stages) She also does want to have more kids so being with a younger guy would make that a lot more possible. My mom does take good care of herself physically. I think there's a good chance she's still fertile. She looks a fair amount younger than she actually is. Besides, older men get together with younger women all the time. Why can’t my mom do the same with a younger guy?

Even with all that said I am still a little worried about the age gap, but if she did give it a try I don't think it would be that big of a deal (although I could be wrong). Should I try to set my mom up with this guy? I'm definitely leaning to "yes", but I'm still not completely sure.
21 d
Even if I do try she may think I'm crazy for trying to set her up with a guy so much younger. If I do decide to try to set her up I'll have to overcome that hurdle too. However, she does trust me a lot and I think there's a decent chance she'll still give it a try. Regardless, if I do decide to try to set her up with him could you give me some advice on how I could best go about doing so considering the age gap.

FYI I've already told him about it (including the age gap). He's said he's totally
3
2