13 d

Met a guy online and we have a date next week but I’m afraid he’ll think I’m uglier in person. Should I just cancel?

Anonymous
I feel like this sounds superficial but attractiveness is a thing people do care about. I met this guy online and we have hit it off so far. We message all day, til 2 am some nights, have similar interests and personalities. I haven’t been on a date in two years and for the first time I am excited about this guy. He seems really excited too.

Thing is, a few months ago I had to get nasal surgery because I couldn’t breathe, I had to have cartilage taken and set in my nose on both sides to prop up my airway. My nose is still so swollen and it will take 1-2 years until the swelling goes down and my nose will look cute again. Right now the tip is so numb and hard and swollen, it’s the center of my face and I feel like it throws off my whole face. Contour makeup can only do so much.
Then a couple months ago I had lip filler done with a friend since I wanted to distract from the swollen nose. Bad mistake, I hate them. They aren’t obvious and they’re nicely done but now the center of my face just looks swollen and not pointy like it used to. No one has been able to tell and people still call me gorgeous and pretty and Im asked out enough in person but I’m so self conscious. My photos have filters so my nose is less swollen and I look like my old self.

I feel like this sounds so superficial but I’m afraid we’ll meet in person and he won’t find me as attractive :/ and it’s honestly giving me a lot of anxiety and discouragement. What do I do?
3
1