8 d

Why does this always happen to me?

Anonymous
I don’t mean to be a sap but it’s like I have a target on my back or something. I’m a sophomore in college and to this day I’m so scared of liking guys because I always end up heartbroken. In high school I liked two guys who both friend zoned me. One of them ended up regretting it. I think I have matured since then and I know it’s not my looks because a lot of people tell me I’m pretty and I’ve been hit on since I came to college. I tried dating apps my last year of high school and that’s how I ended up meeting my first boyfriend. We met my summer going into my freshman year of college and it was one of the best times of my life. He was head over heels for me and was persistent. It was like love at first sight for us. For 2 months we dated and it was perfect until one day he broke up with me because we go to separate colleges. I was heartbroken and cried for weeks. I honestly thought he was the one because he was my first boyfriend even though I was only 17. A few weeks later I went out to a club with my roommate and met a guy who told me I was beautiful and he told me he wanted to take me to dinner. We texted for a couple days after that and he wanted to meet up right away but I was out of town. When I got back I asked to meet up and he stood me up twice! I was so hurt and embarrassed. Me and my ex have texted since then but I’m always initiating and he wanted to only be friends with benefits with me and left me on opened. I think I’m an amazing person why is my luck so bad?
Why does this always happen to me?
Add Opinion