9 d

Should I be hurt by this?

Anonymous
So today was my 19th birthday. Pretty much the people who are important to me just told me happy birthday and sent me money and stuff which is fine but I have this thing where I think it’s rude not to say it to someone especially when you know it’s their birthday. I posted some texts on Snapchat that people sent me and I captioned it “I love getting birthday messages” some people saw it and a couple of them had said happy birthday to me but most of them didn’t and I was honestly shocked. I really thought “how hard is it to just type happy birthday to someone?” And a lot of them I saw as friends or at least acquaintances. Also one thing that’s really bothering me, I know it shouldn’t but I dated this guy last year and he broke up with me last October. We only dated for two months but we were each other’s first serious relationship. We have texted since we broke up ( I’m always the one initiating ) last year he took me out for my bday and brought me a gift because we were dating at the time. I’ve initiated all of our texts since then and I could tell he was using me for sex and an ego boost ( I knew he was attracted to me but just didn’t see it going anywhere) . He broke up with me because of distance. Anyways last year after we broke up we were texting and it was his bday and I still said happy bday to him and hyped him up everything like I said, today’s my birthday and he left me on opened a month ago and didn’t even say happy birthday or view my story. Yes I know move on but I honestly think it’s kinda fucked up. Should I be hurt?
Should I be hurt by this?
Add Opinion