Is my mom insane for dating a guy crazy younger than her? Or am I just being judgmental? What are the chances it could truly work out?

Anonymous
I found out about a month and a half ago my mom was dating a guy 16 years younger (She's 43. He's 27). She'd been dating him a while before that. I knew she was dating someone (and I was happy for her) but I never dreamed it would be someone so much younger! I know that my mom isn't dating him just for a fling. She's trying to find a long term relationship she hopes will end in marriage. When she first told me her boyfriend's age I thought she was out of her mind to think a long term relationship could work out with someone so much younger. He's also currently a bachelor finishing graduate school while my mom has an established career with 3 kids. They're in very different places in life with very different life experiences. When I met him I found out he was indeed very good looking. Part of me wonders if my mom is being blinded by his looks. Moreover, there is a part of me that fears he'll eventually leave her for a younger woman.
I do still have many of these concerns. However, after giving it some thought maybe I'm being a bit harsh their relationship. I initially assumed there'd be a big maturity difference, but I've changed my mind on that. I think he's actually very mature for his age and my mom is pretty immature for her age (but in a good way!). I actually do think their maturity levels match pretty well. I can also tell that (despite the age gap) he is very physically attracted to my mom (which I find both creepy and comforting in a weird way). He's also proven multiple times that he does care about my mom/he's very sweet to her. He does things that go above and beyond for her.

With all that being said the age gap does still bother me and I do still have many of my original concerns. However, I'm starting to soften up and think maybe I was too harsh at the beginning. Is my mom crazy for dating a guy so much younger or am I being too harsh? Do you think it can work out between them long term? Why or why not?
9 mo
The “if he wants kids it could be a major problem” thing was something I first thought would be a major issue for them. However, I asked my mom about how kids would work out between them if they get to that point. She told me that if they get there they'll try having one or two kids naturally, but if that doesn't work they'll either adopt and/or do vitro. So (as far as I know) they’ve worked that one out (which is why I didn’t mention it above)
26
7