Am I fair for thinking my boyfriend is being insensitive?

Anonymous
Long story short, my boyfriend chose to date another woman when he knew that I liked him. And as soon as they broke up, he hit me up. I still liked him so I agreed to go out with him. And while he treats me really well, and does a lot of things to show that he cares about me, I'm still worried that I am his second best. Mostly because he says stuff like the following:

"If I could go back, I wouldn't change any of the choices I made".

and

"I didn't chose her over you because you weren't even an option to me. I only wanted her."

... he thinks this is all fine to say because he says its against his principles to tell a white lie or to engage in "what if" thinking. I've told him I thought it was insensitive and, while I've accepted his choices, I don't appreciate him continuing to be insensitive about it. But he thinks I'm the problem for being upset at his comments. Am I being too sensitive?
3
2