1 mo

How often do you text your romantic partner rather than having a telephone call?

OlderAndWiser u
Perhaps the assortment of young people on G@G is not representative of the general population but, after 5+ years on this site, I have the impression that young people today would feel strange picking up a telephone to actually place a phone call rather than text. It seems that you text a girl to ask if she likes you, you text to ask for a date (no, I mean "hang out" because, of course, young people don't "date,") you text to suggest being exclusive, and you text to break up.

If the younger generation's preoccupation with texting is as bad as I suspect. . . do you understand why someone my age would be concerned? My concern is not the typical 'old people can't embrace change' attitude. Do you understand the potential long term consequences for the development of your social skills?

So. . . just how bad is it? When you are in a romantic/potential romantic relationship, how often do you talk in a voice-to-voice call rather than texting? If you have phone conversations rarely, what is it that prompts you to actually call rather than text?
I am under age 25 and I ALWAYS text, NEVER call
I am under age 25 and I USUALLY text, RARELY call
I am under age 25 and I text or call about 50/50
Vote C
I am under age 25 and I RARELY text, USUALLY call
Vote D
I am under age 25 and I NEVER text, ALWAYS call
Vote E
I am under age 25 and I've never had a romantic partner
Vote F
I am age 25 or older; show me the results!
Vote G
GirlGuy
12
10