1 mo

What do you do when you like someone but they have bad/unhealthy habits?

crazygoin98
I met a guy. He is charming. He has his stuff together. He is mature. He is kind and he is masculine at the same time. He has all the qualities I am looking for in a man. We have HUGE chemistry.

But... he has 3 habits I can't see myself being okay with long term. They are:
1. Heavy drinking
2. Heavy smoking
3. He is about 80 lbs overweight due to poor eating habits and no physical exercise.

The drinking I could live with however, the smoking makes his sweat smell like nicotine and his breath smell bad. It really takes away from natural manly scent.
The extra weight, lack of nutrition and physical health is the big one. I like to keep in shape, eat whole nutritious foods and workout. I don't have a perfect body but taking care of oneself in this way is huge to me. The extra weight also affects sexual intimacy's in the way that we can't do a lot of positions.
I would never be so insensitive to tell him he needs to change. However, I know it will hurt him deeply also If I choose not to pursue the relationship because we have a good thing going. I feel in a tough spot because I want him but I feel these bad habits will decrease my attraction over time in the long term.
4
1