1 mo

I'm 25 and I have no friends and I am single. Is there something wrong with me? Am I ugly and unloveable?

Anonymous
I'm 25 years old, and I live with my parents. I've been single for the last few years. I've tried dating, and seem to have no problem finding dates, and the guys I go out with always seem very keen to begin with, then they ghost me after the second date, and I never hear from them again, not even an explanation as to why I'm being ghosted. The other guys I date usually try to get me into bed and are really keen to begin with, then after I sleep with them, they phase me out and ignore me.

When I was younger at school, I was bullied by guys and picked on, and no guys ever approached me or asked me out. The guys I did ask out rejected me. Later on, guys from school and uni would approach me online and message me, but they never spoke to me in person.

I have lost all my female friends. I've tried very hard to maintain close female friendships, but they always end up distancing themselves and stop speaking to me. Even one of my best friends all of a sudden stopped speaking to me.

I'm starting to wonder if there is something perpetually wrong with me, and wondering why I scare people off. I've spent so much of my life so far lonely and single and on my own, and I'm starting to believe it's something about me, like I'm too boring, too ugly, and a waste of space. It's starting to make me feel lonely and suicidal.

Am I just an unloveable ugly person?
17
3