Why is it a turn off to men when women say right from the start that they are looking for a relationship?

Anonymous
This is mostly on dating apps. I start talking to someone on the app and I usually initiate the "what are you looking for" conversation early on, because I don't want to waste time. Then they always say something like "we'll see" or "go with the flow", but when I say I am looking for a relationship they say I am too direct and things like "chill we didn't even meet yet" or they just disappear. Eventually they all run away. My understanding is that misunderstand my point. They think I'm demanding a relationship with them right from the start and think I'm crazy, but in fact I just know what I'm looking for and my end goal is a relationship. But because they run away so fast I'm wondering if maybe I'm rushing the topic and my standards. I tried going with the flow and always ended up with men who just weren't serious and thought I am in it for casual. So I am really confused how to get a point across without being too pushy? But in the same time filter out those who just string along to get casual hookup.
My brother says that the right person who is also mature enough for a relationship will not run away if I bring it up right away, that he will agree. But then again some other friends think that it's a turn off.
11
0