I feel stuck with my ex with our not labeled relationship?

Anonymous
my 2 years of boyfriend cheated on me w a night stand. We broke up and stayed friends. I also told him that if he changed in the future I might give him a chance. We both knew he had to change and have his emotions figured out. He went through a lot for the past year his father died and recently his dog died which was a part of the family since he was a kid. I think he needs some space from us. We still continued seeing each other because we were “friends”. It obviously wasn't a good idea. First we were just trying to be friends it felt way too awkward and it completely was out of hand we started to have sex again and just acting like we were dating with no label. We did say that if we are hooking up we can't sleep w other people. So i feel really stuck in this weird place with him. I was fine with this till he ignores my texts for a while and then i get hurt and get upset when i know i can't get mad at him because we aren't dating. I feel like this is such a mess and something feels wrong about this? I need someone to help me think clear.
I feel stuck with my ex with our not labeled relationship?
Add Opinion