24 d

By having a relationship with a person, Will that mean it has to lead to something or not?

Anonymous
I mean if it won't lead to anything why having a relationship in the first place anyway? The ones who have a relationship without leading to anything like to a more formal or steady one or talk about future plans together if the relationship has more than 2 years!! one, why date anyway? I mean if it is just for fun or booty call, friends with benefits then that is not a relationship.

I will give an example of my male cousin. He is 46 years old, has 2 teenage kids, separated from his ex like 12 years ago. And he has been dating a younger lady for almost 4 years now. The lady is younger than him like 13 years and the lady has a 5 years old son from a previous relationship (she is a single mom), but thye dont live together. I heard my cousin once saying that since he had a bad relationship with his ex, he won't plan to marry anymore in his future, too much drama and hassle but that won't refrain him to date and have a girlfriend. So now he is been dating this chick for almost 4 years, which now is too many ytears in this era, but still his goals are not marrying in his future, he just says he will see or check how things go with this lady to see what will happen between them. Well so far 4 years and for my cousin no plans to marry her in the future, unless he changes his mind like maybe in 2 more years haha!!! So in a way this relationship is not leading to anything real, he is just like having fun with his chick while it lasts even if they have 4 years already dating. My cousin is the kind of guy who do not like to be very tight down with a lady. He hates a lady or a girlfriend in which the lady is becoming a stalker, like to know his whereabouts all the time, or like forbid him to go on trips without her, he wants to have his freedom as a independent guy. Just once my cousin did go on a trip to Mexico with her, he took her.
24 d
His girlfriend is a very strange lady. SHe isolates from his family relatives on family gatherings, she does not like to be close to the family. At birthdays at my cousins house where everyone is mingling and having a good time, the lady stays in my cousin room for the whole time, she does nto come out and mingle as well, a bit antisocial. SHe only comes out when it times to eat and help wash the dishes, then she goes back to the room.
24 d
But my cousin had never introduce her to the family because for him is nothing really formal so he has to do all the introduction and announce she is really his girlfriend. So fater 4 years what do you think? My cousin needs to man up or keep dating her like something informal for years and years
4
3