15 d

I want to fight for him, but is it worth it (really helpless)?

Sarah97
Hi everyone!
I’m in desperate need of help with my love life!

Like many others I downloaded Tinder cause I was bored. I never had the intention to find a relationship, I was just curious what it’s like. Immediately I saw this cute guy & we started texting everyday. We got along very well & it was like we knew each other since forever. After a few weeks of texting, we finally met up. It was the perfect first date & he kissed me goodbye after driving me home. I had a feeling that he might be the one & I thought the feeling is mutual. The problem is: he’s a med student (last semester) and very busy. He’s always studying or playing hockey. But he still texted me almost every day. :)
After two months I suddenly didn’t hear anything from him. I tried to reach out, but it always took him 24h to reply... So I sent him a text, saying I think he’s really cool but he obviously doesn’t think the same & that I respect that. He then answered me & told me that his dad passed away. I had no clue... I wanted to be there for him, but he disappeared for a month. Then he reached out again & everything was perfect! Until late November / early December. I don’t know what happened, but he rarely texts & never has time to meet up. He even ghosted me for a week. I haven’t heard from him since Christmas. I know he’s studying... but he doesn’t even reply to my texts.
Now I know it seems as if he’s not interested & the situation is hopeless. But my gut tells me to fight for him. I want to tell him how I feel, but is it the right thing to do? Should I try to meet up (during he’s study time or after the test?) or accept that he’s ignoring me and try to forget? I really don’t know what’s best. What do guys want? (He’s 26, I don't know if it’s relevant).

Thank you so much for reading my long text! I wish you all the best in 2021! :)
1
1