14 d

Is it a good idea to stay friends with ex and see him again as friends? Or will it be painful and more difficult to move on?

Anonymous
Hello! I'm currently in the rungs of a breakup. I used to be in a band with my boyfriend, but we broke up about 4 months ago, and I haven't seen him since. He recently reached out to me again and offered to have me play again (I am a gig drummer) with his group for a few sessions, so I may be seeing him in the next few weeks.

Would it be a good idea to do this? I definitely still love him (at least the idea), but understand why the breakup happened and want us to be friends. I am worried that when I will see him again that it will be awkward. I would like to be friends, and drumming is very important to me, but if he has a new girlfriend it would be very strange or awkward for me to be there. I am very mature and usually good at handling issues like this, but don't want to have any problems.

Maybe I will go to the first rehearsal and take it from there? Or should I politely decline.
1
1