1 mo

Relationship/dating dilemma?

Jmmmfi4
So here's the thing... I've been single for a VERY VERY long time. Most of my life actually. As 40 is rapidly approaching I guess it's just been getting to me more and more. I'm thinking of reaching out to a girl I was talking to from POF. We had a falling out and haven't talked for a few months.

Here's my dilemma... For one thing in nervous as hell about reaching out to her but that's another issue. I guess what's making me nervous isn't if she says no but if she says yes. I've been single for so long it's become part of who I am and I've become entirely self reliant. So I'm not wanting to die alone but the thought of being with someone also makes me nervous because it means giving up a level of control, I guess. Picturing my life with someone and how things might change is just difficult for me to cope with.

So that's my dilemma... Im not wanting to spend the rest of my days a lonely single person but then thought of not being single freaks me out some. It's a total catch 22.

Any advice?
1 mo
Bump
3 d
Anyone else
Relationship/dating dilemma?
1
1