I'm hanging out with a guy but I don't know if we're just hanging out or if it's a date?

Anonymous
I matched with this guy on tinder and we've been texting for about 2 months. We talked on the phone for 3 hours the other night and now we're meeting up at the mall tomorrow. He's asked me out a few times before but I told him I wasn't ready. He was patient and didn't push me. Then because I have anxiety and I've never been in a relationship I told him I just wanted to be friends. He was that it was alright with him. A couple days ago we were texting and he told me that he's been lonely. He asked me if I was free on Wednesday and I told him I was. Now we're hanging out on Wednesday. We're meeting in person for the first time. I know that he likes me, but he thinks I just want to be friends. Do you think that he thinks this is a date? I kinda want it to be. Also, I think he wants to go back to his place and watch movies, but I don't think I'm comfortable with doing that yet. How can I tell him I don't want to. Also, any ideas of something we could do at the mall?
2
1