1 mo

How Should I Swipe?

Jamie05rhs
When you're on a dating app and you're browsing through profiles, what do you normally do when you see someone who looks interesting but you don't know for sure how you feel about them? Like, for example, you don't have enough information? Or you just don't have strong feelings either way?

This is a problem I am running into a lot. Because I have to either swipe left or swipe right if I want to see the next profile. There is no "maybe" option. (There really should be, in my opinion!).

So should I swipe right on all of the ones who COULD have a chance, potentially?
Or should I just swipe right on the ones that I really really like (or I think I like, based on the information available)?

It's hard; because, on the one hand, you want to give everyone a chance. But on the other hand, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up and then dash them. If you know what I mean.
... But in order to get matches, you have to give likes.

Right now, I really don't have any standard uniform operating procedure. It all really comes down to what mood I'm in. If I'm feeling generous, I give out a lot of "hearts.". But if I'm feeling like an asshole, it's "left," "left," "left," "left," "left," "left," "left," "left," "left,"...
Be open and generous. Swipe right on everyone who could potentially have a chance.
Be selective and discriminating. Only swipe right on those who you are pretty sure or almost definitely sure about.
GirlGuy
26 d
What if they're one of those profiles that has only photos but they don't say anything? What do you guys think about that?
How Should I Swipe?
7
10