2 d

Is it stupid to make music taste as a somewhat dealbreaker when choosing a partner?

slackbabbath
I looooove music. I love all kinds and I have spent years sorting through, discovering, listening to so many kinds... it’s a huge part of my life even if I don’t make any music myself. The kind of music I like is a lot of soft rock/ dreamy stuff from the 90’s, rock from the 80’s and then 60’s and 70’s soft rock, pop stuff.

I feel discouraged in dating right now because most guys I go on dates with like rap and pop from now or recent years. I like that too but I feel like something is missing when i feel like I can’t relate musically or they don’t like or take interest in the kind of music I like when I feel like my kind of music is basically me? Like to me my music taste has helped me discover who I am -ways I talk, think, dress, carry myself etc have all been influenced by music.
I have dated quite a lot of musicians and have always taken more interest in those I share the same taste in.

I feel currently a bit heartbroken because I was seeing a guy for 4/5 months who had such similar musical taste to me.. I’d go over to his house and he could put on any of his playlists and I’d be so content. he’d play songs that I hadn’t met anyone else who listened to around my age. Like 70’s stuff and odd artists. It felt like home. And he moved away and now I’m so sad because he felt like home and I’m trying to date others but this music thing really bothers me. Recently two guys told me their favorite musician was Kid Cudi and I immediately got uninterested. Is this dumb?
21
3