Why do less attractive people I know have more success in dating than me?

Anonymous
When I ask this question, I hope I don’t come across as a total asshole

My parents, my gamer friend and the last guy I “dated” have all had success with dating apps. My parents are older and heavier than me, my dad tends to attract good looking women. My mom met her long term partner on a dating app and says that if she was single, she probably wouldn’t have an issue using them. Quote, she says it’s because she isn’t worried with making the first move to approach guys. I told her that I did message first here and there but still didn’t help the situation.

My gamer friend is older than me but says that he thinks a lot of people on dating apps are looking for something long term. I don’t find him good looking but he is friendly and confident (maybe a bit on the conceited side). My “ex” is not attractive but he has a good sense of humor and is friendly too.

I’m reserved but I don’t think that makes a difference, a lot of quiet people have found their match. I know I’m not beautiful but I know I’m better looking than all the people I just mentioned and still fail with finding the right one. What’s the issue here?
They’re luckier
They have the personality
They’re settling
Vote C
They’re lying
Vote D
GirlGuy
9
1