1 mo

Is he still into me if he texted the next day saying this?

Anonymous
I'm 27 and have a helicopter parent. I'm not allowed to hangout with a guy alone. I still live with my parents but will be moving out. I hungout with my guy friend, and as I was with him, my mom called and asked where I was. I lied and said I was with my female friend. He overheard this. Eventually I admitted to her I was with him. I waved goodbye and left him while my mom yelled at me over the phone. 15 minutes, after he left, I called him and asked him to meet my mom because she wanted to talk to him. He came back to talk to her and said he wants to just be my friend. While he was there, my mom kept derailing him and putting him down, saying he's not ready for anything serious because he's too young. Keep in mind this is the first time they've met. He later asked if he's still allowed to talk to me and "be around" which she said yes to. At the end of the conversation, my mom said sorry he had to get involved and that she'll talk to me. He said my name as he said goodbye.

I understand its wrong to lie about where I am but I wanted to hangout with him as an adult, and I knew my mom would flip. The next day my mom realized she is a helicopter parent and apologized to me, but my guy friend has no idea. The morning after we hungout he texted me this. Is he still interested?
1 mo
My mom is Asian and religious. She wanted me to only date a religious guy.
9
5