18 d

Guy I'm talking to hasn't been initiating contact, but doesn't seem like he lost interest either?

Anonymous
New to the dating field so not sure how anything works.

For context: We (F23 & M22) met at a play that we both worked back in October. It was an obvious mutual attraction. It was mostly small talk about school, the campus and classes, but very interesting. He asked for my number right away.

He initiated contact majority of the the time. He had invited me to an improve show on campus, but I couldn't attend. We have been keeping in touch for the most part.

Back in November, we were supposed to go see another play (yes, we are theater nerds). Not going "together-together" but as an "I'll-see-you-there" kind of thing. Got held up at work and ended up not being able to go. However, we did chat all day the next day. He told me that his roommate got covid and that he was starting tp show symptoms. After that is when the communication dwindled.

He doesn't initiate conversation with me anymore, but if I text him, he'll text me back and seems engaged. He doesn't give me short answers, he'll make comments or ask questions to keep the conversation going BUT he's taking a sorta long time to reply (between 30 min - 1 hour). The last time we texted I asked if he was going to the last campus event of the year:

Him: I cannot go unfortunately, but I'm sure I'll see you around campus?
Me: Yeah, in 2022 :(
Him: It's not that far away

I know he's busy with a short film that he'll be in PLUS a role in a play that he got PLUS he's a senior and looking to stay nearby.

Again, never dated so not sure if this is normal of if I am overthinking.
1
0