18 d

Should I give this girl a chance that rejected me before or should I just keep it as friends?

Anonymous
Yesterday afternoon, I was hanging out with some friends and I spent most of my time talking to this one girl. Back in 2018, I liked her but she turned me down because she liked my friend.

They dated off and on from fall 2019 until November 2021. She told me that they broke up for good. I’m not close to him anymore and it’s not because of this girl, it’s because he’s immature and kind of racist. I don’t like his energy.

Even though this girl wasn’t my type in 2018, I still had a crush on her and I only dated my type after I got over her. She knew my type and yesterday she asked me if I had dropped it and wanted to expand my range. I said yeah. Lol

After I got over her rejecting me in 2018, we became friends in spring 2019 and have been good friends since. She seems open to the idea of being more than friends, even though she said she’s still getting over the break up. According to her, they ultimately broke up because he kept flirting with other women and telling this one that is his girl best friend their private business. This girl is just friends with his girl best friend and the best friend was telling her personal stuff that the ex-boyfriend told her. She’s gone to 2 different therapists because of this guy. He thinks she’s immature and is just jealous that he “has a lot of female friends”.

She seems really done with him, but I want to respect her first and foremost. Should I try to build momentum, wait some time before pursuing, or just keep it as just friends?
1
0