18 d

Why does my boyfriend always give me very small gift?

Anonymous
Hi, I have been seeing this man for about 2 years now. I am in mid 30s and he is 9 years my senior. We both earn good money so I would expect that our dating is not like college times. I do not want to sound unappreciative, but his gifts to me are just not matching up with our age or income.

He has gifted me so far a nail polish, a fake ring that is not even my size, a diamond-shaped lollipop. I have gifted him a wallet, a laptop bag, and a branded polo shirt by example. But things did not improve, the next time he gifted me a scarf, but also a very cheap one.

I cannot fathom why he is doing all this. He earns more than me so I cannot think of money as an issue. He buys himself the latest smart phones and good clothes so I neither can say it is his life style.

He is otherwise sweet and seemingly interested to me - is it a sign that he wants to take things slow and not wanting to set my expectations high? How should I talk to him about it?
1
2